You can now manage updates of the agent software running on instances managed by AWS OpsWorks. Previously, OpsWorks automatically updated a stack to the latest released agent. Now, you can control whether you want to automatically or manually update the agent version of your stack. This allows you to test new agents before rolling it out to your production stacks.
New stacks you create will have the latest agent version installed, but the default agent configuration will be manual update. Your existing stacks have been updated to reflect this configuration. You will see a notification in the management console with a link to the change log when new versions of the OpsWorks agent are made available.
Read more about the new features in our documentation. For more information about AWS OpsWorks, please visit our product page.
Originally Posted: AWS OpsWorks Supports Managing Agent Updates
- #ELB permissions, support for #IAM in #AWS is going strong (June 10, 2014)">With new #ELB permissions, support for #IAM in #AWS is going strong (0)
- #AWS account? Here are some resources. (July 2, 2014)">Want help with securing your #AWS account? Here are some resources. (0)
- #AWS S3 Standard-IA (October 7, 2015)">Veritas Upgrades NetBackup & Now Supports #AWS S3 Standard-IA (0)
- #AWS #IAM Feature – Access Key Last Use Info (May 14, 2015)">Useful New #AWS #IAM Feature – Access Key Last Use Info (0)
- #AWS Best Practices for DDoS Resiliency (August 16, 2016)">Updated Whitepaper Available: #AWS Best Practices for DDoS Resiliency (0)