AWS Storage Gateway now allows you to tag your gateways, volumes, and virtual tapes. Tags are labels you can define and associate with your AWS resources, which provide filtering capabilities on operations such as generating AWS usage or cost reports. For example, you can use tags to allocate Storage Gateway costs and usage between departments in your organization. You can then view the Storage Gateway costs for a particular department over a period of time, or identify the department with the most Storage Gateway usage.
Originally Posted: Introducing Tagging Support for AWS Storage Gateway
- #ELB permissions, support for #IAM in #AWS is going strong (June 10, 2014)">With new #ELB permissions, support for #IAM in #AWS is going strong (0)
- #AWS account? Here are some resources. (July 2, 2014)">Want help with securing your #AWS account? Here are some resources. (0)
- #AWS S3 Standard-IA (October 7, 2015)">Veritas Upgrades NetBackup & Now Supports #AWS S3 Standard-IA (0)
- #AWS #IAM Feature – Access Key Last Use Info (May 14, 2015)">Useful New #AWS #IAM Feature – Access Key Last Use Info (0)
- #AWS Best Practices for DDoS Resiliency (August 16, 2016)">Updated Whitepaper Available: #AWS Best Practices for DDoS Resiliency (0)