This week the NetApp Engineering Teams released a P1 Patch to SRA 4.0. The patch can be downloaded via the following link: http://mysupport.netapp.com/NOW/download/software/sra_cmode/4.0P1/.
- In this patch no new features have been added in this release
- Fixed the following issues:
- 1068121 SRA 4.0 Adapter- Discovery device failed when array manager is created for a vserver having 250 volumes
- 1070400 SRA 4.0: syncOnce fails when ~100 snapmirror relationships or more are present
- 1071460 SRA failover not working for large group. Operation timed out.
- 1086732 TestFailover operation – takes long time to complete
- A Known Issue is:
- In an environment where there are large number of volumes, certain SRM configuration parameters must be updated for optimal performance of SRA.
Following the P1 release of SRA 4.0 this week we have published an update to the sizing guide.
The sizing guide contains information necessary for NetApp® Storage Replication Adapter 4.0 for ONTAP and for NetApp® Storage Replication Adapter 4.0P1 for ONTAP administrators to understand application configurations, load and their interactions with dependent entities.
SRA 4.0 and 4.0P1 for ONTAP Sizing Limits per SRA Server are as follows:
|Item||NetApp SRA 4.0 for ONTAP||NetApp SRA 4.0P1 for ONTAP|
|Total number of virtual machines configured for protection using array-based replication||2,000||5,000|
|Total number of virtual machines per protection group||300||500|
|Total number of protection groups for array-based replication protection groups||100||250|
|Total number of recovery plans||250||250|
|Total number of protection groups per recovery plan||100||100|
|Total number of virtual machines per recovery plan||900||2,000|
|Total number of replicated datastores (using array-based replication)||100||255|
For more information on VMware Site Recovery Manager operation limits, see VMware Knowledge Base article Operational Limits for Site Recovery Manager 6.5 (2147110).
Please take a minute to review: https://kb.netapp.com/support/s/article/ka21A0000008qwu/NetApp-Storage-Replication-Adapter-4-0-Sizing-Guide.