- Live report from the VMworld 2014 Day 2 General session.
The general session on the second day often shows a lot of demos. Last year we saw a demo of Mirage, where a laptop was dropped on the floor and had its data redistributed to a virtual desktop in seconds. Wonder what they will be demoing this year? Follow it live on VMGuru.
- Patrolling the borders with HyTrust Boundary Controls.With more and more workloads (applications and data) virtualized and cloudinized the need for patrolling the border with HyTrust Boundary Controls is desperately needed. Virtualization and the cloud make data security more complicated.
- Introducing vCloud Automation Center 6.1.
VMware is Introducing vCloud Automation Center 6.1 today at VMworld US 2014. With vCloud Automation Center 6.1 VMware continues to invest in delivering an extensible, multi-vendor cloud automation framework that allows IT to deliver personalized business relevant infrastructure, applications and other IT services with the least amount of effort and lowest amount of risks.
- NVIDIA GRID vGPU on VMware Horizon.
VMware, NVIDIA and Google are now working together to deliver graphics rich applications to enterprise cloud desktops. The result of the collaboration to date is two key technology previews that are announced at VMworld 2014. NVIDIA GRID vGPU on VMware Horizon.
- vSphere 6 Enhancements.
In this morning’s General session, VMware disclosed some very cool new/improved features for vSphere 6. vSphere 6, which is in public beta now, includes the following Improvements: Fault Tolerance will support 4 vCPUs, cross vCenter vMotion and enhanced long distance vMotion.
- VMware releases Workspace Suite.
Todays General Session at VMworld 2014 was mainly about EUC and one of the new items was VMware Workspace Suite. VMware Workspace Suite combines application, device and data management with centralized identity management and policy enforcement to empower anytime, anywhere workers, transform workflows and simplify IT management.
VMworld 2014 Day 2 Highlights